In case you couldn’t tell, we’re pretty big car fans. Here are 17 cool car facts that you may have not known about cars.
1-5: General Cool Car Facts
1. Approximately 60 million cars are produced annually, about 165,000 per day!
2. There are currently about a billion cars in use around the world.
3. A Formula 1 racecar can drive on the roof of a tunnel at about 75 mph.
4. It would take six straight months of driving to get to the moon at a speed of 60 mph.
5. Many new cars manufacture engine noises through the speakers so they make noise when the car starts, then are quiet the rest of the ride.
6-11: Fascinating facts about cars driving around the world
6. The average American spends about 38 hours per year stuck in traffic jams.
7. In Russia it’s considered a criminal offense to drive with a dirty car.
8. In England, the average car is parked about 90% of the time.
9. There are more cars than people in Los Angeles.
10. 35% of the world’s population drive on the left side of the road.
11. Drivers are entitled to 21 free liters of gas per month in Turkmenistan.
12-14: car Facts About Drivers
12. About 90% of drivers sing at some point while driving.
13. The average American driver curses about 32,000 times over the course of their life while driving (yes, average)!
14. Walter Arnold, from Britain, was issued the first ever speeding ticket in 1896 after driving 13 mph in an area where the speed limit was only 3 mph.
15-17: Facts About Cars Brands
15. 19 girls can fit into 1 Smart Car.
16. While in prison, Hitler wrote a letter to Mercedes pleading for them to loan him a vehicle.
17. Toyota is the world’s biggest car manufacturer, producing over 13,000 cars per day!
And last but not least, the most important fact—using Engie can give you complete control over your vehicle and its maintenance, while also saving you time and money on repairs!