Last Revised: October 23 2017
Engie Motors Ltd. (“Engie”, “Company”, “our”, “we” or “us”) respects the privacy of the users (“User” or “you”) of its mobile application, our web app available at: web.engieapp.com and our website Engieapp.com (the “Application”, the “Web App”, the “Site” and collectively- the “Services”), and is committed to protect the personal information that its Users share with it. We believe that you have a right to know our practices regarding the information we may collect and use when you use the Services.
1. Your Consent (PLEASE READ CAREFULLY!)
2. Which information we may collect on our Users?
We may collect several types of data and information from our Users:
a. The first type of information is non-identifiable and anonymous information (“Non-personal Information”). We are not aware of the identity of the User from which we have collected the Non-personal Information. Non-personal Information which is being gathered consists of technical information and behavioral information, and may contain, among other things, the, identity and operation system and browser, smart-phone and OS’s version, User’s screen resolution, duration of usage of the application, User’s ‘click-stream’ on the Site, keyboard language, etc.
b. Moreover, the Company collects information regarding the vehicle and the use thereof (“Vehicle Information”), such as: vehicle VIN number, vehicle IP address, vehicle license plate, car manufacturer, model, year and engine size and info gathered by the vehicle’s computer regarding its changing status (engine and oil temperature, alternator voltage, battery voltage) and the vehicle and hardware features, mileage, gas consumption, speed, steering wheel reactions, malfunction codes, vehicle parameters etc.
c. Other type of information is individually identifiable information (“Personal Information”). This information may identify an individual or may be of a private and/or sensitive nature.
· Users of the Services automatically provide their IP address mainly for enhancing the User’s experience and for geolocation and security purposes as further detailed below.
· In addition, Personal Information which is being gathered consists of any personal details provided voluntarily by the User. The Personal Information is collected from the details the Users provide in the Personal Account’ registration which requires: name, address, phone number, password and e-mail address (which can be provided directly or via Facebook account, based on the User’s preference).
· Moreover, whenever a malfunction is detected and the User uses the Services in order to treat such malfunction, information is gathered regarding the malfunction as well as the treatment, such as: time, price, the rating and review on the mechanics that treated the vehicle.
· In addition, Engie is gathering information regarding the unique ID of the User’s mobile device, the mobile device’s type, the mobile device’s location based on GPS (Global Positioning System), and mobile device’s operating system.
d. In addition, The Company may publish open positions in the Company via its website, Linkdin or Facebook page. In connection with this opportunity, we collect information that is provided to us by the job candidates (“Candidates”), when they apply to any of the open positions published by us, by e-mail, via LinkedIn or otherwise, and following their application.
For avoidance of doubt, any Non-Personal Information connected or linked to any Personal Information shall be deemed as Personal Information as long as such connection or linkage exists.
3. How Do We Collect Information on Our Users?
There are two main methods we use:
a. We collect information through your use of the Services. In other words, when you are using the Services, including in order to search for third party service providers, we are aware of it and may gather, collect and record the information relating to such usage, either independently or through the help of third-party services as detailed below.
b. We collect information which you provide us voluntarily. For example, we collect Personal information which you voluntarily provide when you use our Services and when you initiate a diagnosis. We store the Personal Information and diagnosis results either independently or through the help of our authorized third-party service providers as detailed below.
4. What are the Purposes of the Collection of Information?
Non-personal Information, Personal Information and Vehicle Information is collected in order to:
- Provide and operate our Services and related services in connection with our Services, in the field of car maintenance and use, including by our business partners and pursuant to your consent.
- Verify our User’s identity.
- Be able to deliver and enhance the Services, provide the Users with technical assistance and support and to provide the Users with updates regarding the Company’s developments etc.
- Use it to create cumulative statistical data and other cumulative information and/or other conclusive information that is non-personal, in which we and/or our business partners might make use of in order to operate and improve our Services and provide related services in the field of car maintenance and use.
- Manage and make risk evaluations, improve our cyber security abilities, prevent and defend from frauds, faults or any other illegal or forbidden activity.
- Act according to the law, and obey all judicial or regulatory demands.
- Be involved in other activities that may require the use of the User’s Personal Information, for which we will request your prior consent.
5. Where Do We Store Personal Information?
Information regarding the Users will be maintained, processed and stored by the Company and our authorized affiliates and service providers in the United States and in Israel, and as necessary, in secured cloud storage, provided by our third party service provider.
You hereby accept the place of storage and the transfer of information as described above.
6. Job Candidates:
The Company welcomes all qualified Candidates to apply to any of the open positions posted at email@example.com, Facebook or LinkedIn, by sending us their contact details and CV (“Candidates Information”). Since privacy and discreetness are very important to our Candidates, we are committed to keep Candidates’ Information private and use it solely for our internal recruitment purposes (including for identifying Candidates, evaluating their applications, making hiring and employment decisions, and contacting Candidates by phone or in writing).
Please note that the Company may retain Candidates Information submitted to it even after the applied position has been filled or closed. This is done so we could re-consider Candidates for other positions and opportunities at the Company; so we could use their Candidates Information as reference for future applications submitted by them; and in case the Candidate is hired, for additional employment and business purposes related to their work.
If you previously submitted your Candidates Information to the Company, and now wish to access it, update it or have it deleted from our systems, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
7. Sharing Information with Third Parties
For avoidance of doubt, Engie may transfer and disclose Non-personal Information to third parties at its own discretion.
8. Deletion or modification of Personal Information
If for any reason, you wish to modify or delete your Personal Information please send us an email to email@example.com or modify your Personal Information through our Application, and we will make reasonable efforts to modify or delete any such Personal Information pursuant to any applicable privacy laws. Note that unless you instruct us otherwise we may retain your Personal Information for the minimal period of time required to provide you with our Services, or pursuant to any applicable law.
Please note, upon request to delete your account, Engie may depersonalize (and un-identifiable) your Service activity history for the purpose of enhancing and improving our Services.
To use our Services, you must be over the age of sixteen (16). Therefore, Engie does not knowingly collect Personal Information from minors under the age of sixteen (16) and does not wish to do so. We reserve the right to request proof of age at any stage so that we can verify that minors under the age of sixteen (16) are not using the Services.
We take a great care in implementing and maintaining the security of Engie’s Services and its User’s Personal Information. Engie employs industry standard procedures and policies to ensure the safety of its Users’ Personal Information, and prevent unauthorized use of any such information. However, we do not guarantee that unauthorized access will never occur.
11. Third Party Software/Service
While using our Services we may be using third party software and/or service for various needs, inter alia, in order to collect and/or process the information detailed herein (the “Third Party Service”). Third Party Services includes the following services:
- Postal and package delivery services.
When you access or use our Services, the Company may use industry-wide technologies such as “cookies” (or similar technologies), which store certain information on your computer (“Local Storage”) and which will allow us to enable automatic activation of certain features, and make your service experience much more convenient and effortless. For example, the cookies will assist the Company to enable automatic connection to the Application. It is easy to prohibit the Local Storage, to erase cookies from your computer’s hard drive, block acceptance of cookies, or receive a warning before a cookie is stored. However, if you block or erase cookies your online experience may be limited.
13. Direct Marketing
Direct Marketing: You hereby agree that we may use your contact details provided during registration, for the purpose of informing you regarding our products and Services which may interest you, and to send to you other marketing material. You may withdraw your consent via sending a written notice to Engie by email to the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org or by pressing the “Unsubscribe” button in the mail.
Please note that the Company may also contact you with important information regarding our Services. For example, we may notify you (through any of the means available to us) of changes or updates to our Services, payment issues, service maintenance, etc. You will not be able to opt-out of receive such service messages
16. Have any Questions?
By contacting the Company you warrant and agree that you are free to do so, and that you do not provide Engie with information which violate any third party intellectual rights (the “Information”). Without degrading from the aforesaid, all rights, including intellectual property, arising from the communication will be owned by the Company and will be considered as Engie’ confidential material. It is clarified that any use of the Information, will be done in the sole discretion of the Company, and the Company is not obligated to use all or part of this Information.